Chex mix and eggs Q- view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dave17a

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 23, 2012
west central Mo

Smoker started to smell like plywood again after around 24 hrs. of smoke goin threw it. So gotta do this, plus bored. Watching bowl games and the one LSU and Iowa not my teams but  now Mizzou is there well.......Got some of this to cold smoke. Put in bowl to get crumbs to bottom and put on Q-mats

Ready to go on maple, got 10 hard boiled eggs to get on. Crumbs still had to be swept up outa the floor.Don't want no critters even close by.

Lotsa smoke chokin me.

Eggs on. Wife cut one in half cause of a screw up erlier, didn't boil up all yhe way

Ready to rest. Eggs will be couple more hrs.

Snow a comin down. 2-4" expected. Do need the moisture

Looks good, I presume you are cold smoking since the cabinet is wood.  Are you using a smoke box or AMNPS or what?

I have got to try the eggs.

Mel
Amnps. Eggs were frozen when I got to them. Smelled good this morn. Gonna have an arctic air warning come Monday. Never had that kinda warning before at least here. 9 for a hi.

So different and wild! Happy Friday to you! Very fun!! Cheers! - Leah
Thank you for looking Leah. Cultures are so far apart and reading all forums that we can, we can try all diff. recipes. Here in midwest is pretty much meat and taters and greens, meaning green beans that we raise. Went to  1 of your pics and seen lot of green.

Thanks, dave

Hi Dave!

Yes, I love salad! I love FISH more! But lots and lots of greens to go with all.

How wonderful that you grow your own beans! That is tremendous!

Happy 2014!

May it be GREEN in every delicious way!!!

Cheers! - Leah

We try to do fish alot. What's your favorite fish and some good ol New England recipes?

Thanks, Dave

Hi Dave!

My favorite fish is COBIA and yet that's hard to find here in New England and thus must be ordered from Florida, which I do a couple times per year.

I smoke and grill lots of bluefish however, whole sardines, mackerel, whiting, smelts (yes, all those "bait" foods and yet I adore them - whole, heads and all), and I love octopus, conch, cuttlefish, and smoked lobster, swordfish, monkfish, mussels, and just about everything you can think of!

For smoking, I simply mop any ocean food of choice through grapeseed oil, smoke it on high heat fro 20 minutes or so, and then add my spices or sea salt and olive oil etc., just before it hits the table. Simple, and sensational!!! And I'd love to hear about the fish you all enjoy out there too!!!

Cheers! - Leah

Well Leah where can we meet up for you to cook all that great seafood that WE up bake now. lol.  Would love to try all you have. Catch catfish, Black Bass Crappie, Blue Gill a sunfish if they are wrist lenght. slimy to clean though. Got your Spoonbiil to snag. Lots of muddy rivers. Some species have to get the mud line out. Then further south in Mo. Trout and others.

Wow Dave, it sounds like you have AMAZING access to fish indeed! And trout! So delicious!

Yes, meeting up for some enormous seafood-fish-and mollusk feast sounds like the best event in the world!!! Smiles.

Meanwhile, I'm grilling a whole Spanish Mackerel today for lunch and that's enjoyable too!

Happy Friday!!! Make today just terrific!!!!!!!

Cheers! - Leah

Should have replied earliar. What if you hot smoked with plywood?  It is sanded subfloor with the good part out, knots in. Good looking plywood, sealed all ends.

Wow Dave, it sounds like you have AMAZING access to fish indeed! And trout! So delicious!

Yes, meeting up for some enormous seafood-fish-and mollusk feast sounds like the best event in the world!!! Smiles.

Meanwhile, I'm grilling a whole Spanish Mackerel today for lunch and that's enjoyable too!

Happy Friday!!! Make today just terrific!!!!!!!

Cheers! - Leah
Trout are all stocked and realeased here. Mo. has the best fisheries in the country, and many spring fed rivers, which are around 60* all year round in the Ozarks. Would love to sample all that you are doing. Any fish is great and good for ya. Guess PM is needed?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky