Cherry Wood Flamed NY The Copper Pot Way

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dang Civil that looks great. I'm also a big fan of flame searing steaks. Nicely done both with the plating and the food

Point for sure
Chris

WOW!! Another spectacular Copper Pot meal, beautiful presentation, perfect cook, and an excellent write-up. What's not to love about this one? Fantastic job all the way around!!

Robert

Beautiful piece of work, congrats on the well deserved ride, Like! RAY
Thanks again RAY!

Awesome Awesome Awesome I don't know what the next step would be but this is more than carousel worthy.
What a great meal and write up.

Warren
Much appreciated Warren! I think the next step is to duplicate it a few more times!

View attachment 479701

Man that steak is perfect! Nice all around meal!

Thanks SVOL! and LOL! Love that movie!

Dang Civil that looks great. I'm also a big fan of flame searing steaks. Nicely done both with the plating and the food

Point for sure
Chris
Many thanks Chris! There is just something about the flavor and moisture of the sear, you just can't reproduce it any other way....

Looks incredible.
Thanks brett!
WOW!! Another spectacular Copper Pot meal, beautiful presentation, perfect cook, and an excellent write-up. What's not to love about this one? Fantastic job all the way around!!

Robert
Much appreciated Robert! I think I was drunk with happiness doing the write up so I think that had an effect. I have to say I've sure missed cooking over the fire....Its been to long!

Ok so, I had to share this, the boy just started his very first day of college today and I come out of my home office for lunch and he places this bowl in front of me and says....."see dad I'm a college student eating ramen for lunch.....would you like some?"
NY Ramen.jpg

Yes that is some leftover sliced NY and buttons and he even added some demi to the broth....by the way my answer was....."I hope you made you some cause this bowl is MINE!"

That's great Civil. He's well on his culinary way. Looks delicious too. Sorry he won't have any, lol.

Reactions: civilsmoker
Ok so, I had to share this, the boy just started his very first day of college today and I come out of my home office for lunch and he places this bowl in front of me and says....."see dad I'm a college student eating ramen for lunch.....would you like some?"
View attachment 479793
Yes that is some leftover sliced NY and buttons and he even added some demi to the broth....by the way my answer was....."I hope you made you some cause this bowl is MINE!"
That's just classic!

Ryan

That's great Civil. He's well on his culinary way. Looks delicious too. Sorry he won't have any, lol.
Yes he is! I mean right down to fresh cut greens....LOL

That's just classic!

Ryan
Ryan you can say that again, he was walking all tall like he owned the place.....never mind is about 6inch taller than me now...LOL

:emoji_laughing: :emoji_laughing: :emoji_laughing: :emoji_wink:
Yes sir that will work for me.

Warren
Ramen is a very good thing in my book, we do this often after meat treats. There is something about it that just makes it yum!

My boy found these babies at Costco @7.99/lb while I was working on my wife’s car.....he done good!
View attachment 479586
he also picked up some kinders prime rib seasoning that I ran through the spice grinder.
View attachment 479583
since we are having a unusually warm winter I decided to breakout the copper pot for this roast....all ready with a bed of coals and some engaged cherry splits
View attachment 479584
just LOVE flame searing!!!!
View attachment 479585
just rolling them around to get them seared all around!
View attachment 479588
seared all around so just need a little cook time
View attachment 479589
every time I use the Copper Pot this way I just love looking inside it’s heart of magic....it gives me warm fuzzies inside!
View attachment 479587
and since the Copper Pots heart is full of loving fire it produces fire kissed fruit! I have to remember to breath at this point.....lol.
View attachment 479590
the fire kissed NY is dressed with a red wine balsamic reduction and buttons and then joined by a creme fraiche bacon toped Yukon Gold and a spinach raspberry salad.
View attachment 479591
The salad is dressed with my wife’s lemon fresh herb vinaigrette, roasted pine nuts and shaved imported parm!
View attachment 479592
Cherry roasted NY $$$
View attachment 479594
IT@135 is making a whole bunch of smiles!
View attachment 479593
I’m thinking I need to work on my wife’s jeep more often, even if it’s just “needed” repairs....the rewards is really nice!
Looks amazing. What kind of temps are you hitting at the grill surface? I’m still dialing in the spacing on my grill to get a good sear.

My boy found these babies at Costco @7.99/lb while I was working on my wife’s car.....he done good!
View attachment 479586
he also picked up some kinders prime rib seasoning that I ran through the spice grinder.
View attachment 479583
since we are having a unusually warm winter I decided to breakout the copper pot for this roast....all ready with a bed of coals and some engaged cherry splits
View attachment 479584
just LOVE flame searing!!!!
View attachment 479585
just rolling them around to get them seared all around!
View attachment 479588
seared all around so just need a little cook time
View attachment 479589
every time I use the Copper Pot this way I just love looking inside it’s heart of magic....it gives me warm fuzzies inside!
View attachment 479587
and since the Copper Pots heart is full of loving fire it produces fire kissed fruit! I have to remember to breath at this point.....lol.
View attachment 479590
the fire kissed NY is dressed with a red wine balsamic reduction and buttons and then joined by a creme fraiche bacon toped Yukon Gold and a spinach raspberry salad.
View attachment 479591
The salad is dressed with my wife’s lemon fresh herb vinaigrette, roasted pine nuts and shaved imported parm!
View attachment 479592
Cherry roasted NY $$$
View attachment 479594
IT@135 is making a whole bunch of smiles!
View attachment 479593
I’m thinking I need to work on my wife’s jeep more often, even if it’s just “needed” repairs....the rewards is really nice!
Holy Cow!!!!!
You're killing me...Dad, nice blade!!!

Nice job on the strips. I usually get mine at Costco, too.
I've got a couple left in freezer.

You done good Dad (or Mom), by instructing that a few garnishes does improves ramen from a bag

Holy Cow those strips are perfection! Tasty looking meal and beautiful photos!!
Thanks xray!

Looks amazing. What kind of temps are you hitting at the grill surface? I’m still dialing in the spacing on my grill to get a good sear.
Thanks chp. I didn't put a IR therm on so I don't know what the actual temp was. I have done lots of over fire cooking so its more by feel. I do know that the temp in the cooker would hit about 425 deg when closed. When the flames were fully engaged I'm guessing pretty hot (to hot to even put your hand over the surface!), but I open and close the door and rotate the steaks to keep them from charring. I call it active cooking.......

Holy Cow!!!!!
You're killing me...Dad, nice blade!!!
Thanks Son......lol
P.S. I'm getting real close to your blade!

Nice job on the strips. I usually get mine at Costco, too.
I've got a couple left in freezer.

You done good Dad (or Mom), by instructing that a few garnishes does improves ramen from a bag
Thanks FA! Our Costco has been rolling in the strips as of late. I hope it stays that way cause they are just tasty!

We have taken the kids to some top shelf Pho places in Seattle when they were younger so they earned the garnish thing is a game changer at a very young age!

Reactions: chp
Can't understand how I missed this post...but saw it now and it still looks amazing. Like!
Thanks eddie! It was was a fun cook for sure, and one that will be repeated a few more times!!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky