Cherry Wood Flamed NY The Copper Pot Way

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
My boy found these babies at Costco @7.99/lb while I was working on my wife’s car.....he done good!
978501D1-343C-4205-B370-42B0321191E5.jpeg

he also picked up some kinders prime rib seasoning that I ran through the spice grinder.
DF998D33-011F-4024-A04C-53C037A0ECC2.jpeg

since we are having a unusually warm winter I decided to breakout the copper pot for this roast....all ready with a bed of coals and some engaged cherry splits
F538F4AC-4FC3-4DAA-8919-C54EA00D600E.jpeg

just LOVE flame searing!!!!
F01AB096-F451-4445-92CD-A8D71FA26C8F.jpeg

just rolling them around to get them seared all around!
CDDEFDB4-C1E7-48D9-864F-1F53B6B4C3CE.jpeg

seared all around so just need a little cook time
5033FD29-BE80-4BF4-AD4F-739CC4667C3A.jpeg

every time I use the Copper Pot this way I just love looking inside it’s heart of magic....it gives me warm fuzzies inside!
FB132C9B-7052-4410-BE19-75BBC63F72CA.jpeg

and since the Copper Pots heart is full of loving fire it produces fire kissed fruit! I have to remember to breath at this point.....lol.
9D67EDD1-DABA-46F8-8B35-0CD8281E3C60.jpeg

the fire kissed NY is dressed with a red wine balsamic reduction and buttons and then joined by a creme fraiche bacon toped Yukon Gold and a spinach raspberry salad.
46194EB6-7535-46A8-9F9B-D9BC7265354B.jpeg

The salad is dressed with my wife’s lemon fresh herb vinaigrette, roasted pine nuts and shaved imported parm!
1A39222F-42C1-43EC-9202-39FB6EC6A5AA.jpeg

Cherry roasted NY $$$
5F34965F-67F9-4C63-AEF2-F19778C8D9C7.jpeg

IT@135 is making a whole bunch of smiles!
879648ED-4581-44FF-B0CE-E89666D778BB.jpeg

I’m thinking I need to work on my wife’s jeep more often, even if it’s just “needed” repairs....the rewards is really nice!

Last edited:
Looks fantastic! Not just the steaks, but EVERYTHING! You definitely have taught your son what a good steak looks like.

Looks amazing as usual bud
Thanks Jake!
Very impressive
Much appreciated shoebe!
Looks fantastic! Not just the steaks, but EVERYTHING! You definitely have taught your son what a good steak looks like.
Thanks Smokin! I do trust the boy for sure! He has had lots of mentorship for sure.....even though I did it for my benefit...lol!

you know the saying practice makes good!

Awesome looking meal! Steaks are perfect! I been missing the fire pics...just awesome!

Ryan

Totally awesome! That's the only thing I can say to describe that meal. Really . Thanks for showing how it's done. Great job, and you gotta be proud of your Son, he sure can pick 'em.

Nicely done! My wife and I really enjoy when the Fat gets brown and crisp. Of course we don't tell our Cadiologist that little detail. " We only eat Lean Chicken Breast, Dr...I swear! " :emoji_laughing:...JJ

Awesome cook Civil, that meal is phenomenal!
Thanks Waterin! I was wondering if you could smell it...the wind was blowing your way! Lol...

That whole meal looks amazing! Well done!
Thanks WV, much appreciated!

Awesome looking meal! Steaks are perfect! I been missing the fire pics...just awesome!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan, the heart of the Copper Pot pic was for ya! I’ve missed them to as well! If things go well the X—Fire will back up and running late summer.....Open fire cooking is my fav!

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Almost too pretty to eat.......Almost I say!
Jim
Thanks Jim! It was “pretty” much gone in a blink for sure!

Totally awesome! That's the only thing I can say to describe that meal. Really . Thanks for showing how it's done. Great job, and you gotta be proud of your Son, he sure can pick 'em.
Much appreciated MJB! Yea I’m pretty proud of the boy. He does well! So I had to treat them right! If I could I would have an open flame wood fire grill inside the house kitchen! For some reason it calls to me!!!

Looks amazing! As everyone has said, the whole plating is phenomenal.
Thanks smoke signal!

Nicely done! My wife and I really enjoy when the Fat gets brown and crisp. Of course we don't tell our Cadiologist that little detail. " We only eat Lean Chicken Breast, Dr...I swear! " :emoji_laughing:...JJ
Thanks JJ! Isn’t the reason you brown and crisp the fat edge on a NY is to enjoy it!!!! It tastes like chicken right.....that’s the cardiologist story and I’m sticking to it!

Awesome Awesome Awesome I don't know what the next step would be but this is more than carousel worthy.
What a great meal and write up.

Warren

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky