Cherry smoked turkey breast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Damn fine bird Jeff! I need to look up that rub. At this rate I'll need a bigger cart for all my spices!
Redbeard is a small locally veteran owned business. The owner is a personal friend. If you decide to order let me know and I’ll get a discount code. All his rubs are excellent.

[/QUOTE]
Now that's the way to stock up on great meals. I like getting turkey breasts and than smoking.
Those look great and love the finished color and look

David
Beautiful birds. I do a couple breasts around Thanksgiving in apple wood, other than that I seldom do them. I need to get them in rotation!
Jeff, those look fantastic. For a few weeks now, I've been thinking about smoking a turkey. I tend to forget about turkey until Thanksgiving and Christmas, but we love it and I need to get one done SOON...
JC222, Your turkey looks awesome !!!!
Good looking breasts! Like the others have said, Its something I need to put into the rotation.
Jim
Those are some fine looking birds there, Jeff!
Al
Looks absolutely fantastic, Jeff! Nicely done!
Looks great . I've been doing whole chickens for the same purpose .
Nice work .
A nice piece of work there Jeff, looks great! RAY
Thanks guys for the kind words. I’m usually not much of a turkey guy but I do like this. We usually just eat it cold. I used some of the pickings last week to make an amazing turkey soup too.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Great looking birds Jeff. I had a turkey breast fall out of freezer and almost broke my toe yesterday. Think it trying to tell me something. I might try to make that injection. It has Sodium Phosphate, Butter Buds, Black Pepper and Chicken Base in it. Been wanting to try those but to expensive for me.
PM me if you want to try a scoop. I think a scoop does 10 lbs of bird.

Those look fantastic Jeff. Delicious for sure.
Question, we’re the breasts injected with a solution when packaged at the factory? Or were these fresh breasts?
You know I didn’t look but I’d bet they probably already had some level of saline injection.

Man, that turkey looks absolutely awesome Jeff! I too wonder why I don’t eat more Turkey. I guess after vac sealing those breast, they would come out nicely reheated in the sous vide? I should smoke a few now that I have freezer space again.
Definitely would be great to sous vide. We often just eat cold on salads or sandwiches but sometimes I’ll do a warm dish with it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky