Cherry smoked chicken for dinner

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JBPilot

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Sep 29, 2019
Arkansas
For dinner tonight I smoked some Brussel sprouts and chicken with some fried squash. I’m not a big sprouts fan and next time I think I’ll smoke them then throw them into the oven to crisp them up some. The chicken and squash turned out great. I didn’t do a brine on it this time because I forgot and then when I remembered I didn’t really have time for it. I will next time though. Here are a few pictures

upload_2019-10-16_19-59-40.jpeg

bacon grease, cracked salt and pepper, a tiny amount of the rub from the chicken, bacon crumbles and parmesan cheese. Smoked at about 250 for about 2 hours. Next time I think I’ll do about 1:30 and then broil in the oven.

upload_2019-10-16_20-2-2.jpeg

Cooked them to IT of 165 with cherry wood. I didn’t get a picture before I cut into it but here is one part way through.

upload_2019-10-16_20-4-59.jpeg

Smoker got a workout today with the cheese then this. We loved it, hope y’all like it too.

They took on a great smoked flavor. My wife likes them and said they were really good, just needed to be crisped a little bit. I just laid them into that small cast iron skillet and let them go.

I toss halved sprouts in a honey mustard balsamic vinaigrette and let them sit for a half hour or so, then put them on a hot grill until they start to char.

A sprout hater will try it and be converted.

Reactions: JBPilot
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky