• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Cherry Fruit Tree wood for smoking.

ribrat

Joined Sep 24, 2013
I have friends that will be removing there Cherry fruit tree orchard in the spring due to it being unprofitable. my question is. Is the wood from a cherry fruit tree safe for smoking use. or is it mostly cherry wood hardwood is used?

venture

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 1, 2008
Grab it!

Season it!

Enjoy it!

Good luck and good smoking.

Last edited:

flash

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 30, 2007
Our black cherry in Florida is a huge tree, probably not the same as the one you are speaking of. It is one of my main woods to use when smoking. I like to mix it with oak and pecan.

mdboatbum

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 22, 2011
I'd think it would be good stuff. I've used fallen branches from ornamental cherry trees here in DC and gotten great flavor and color.

ak1

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 23, 2010
Don't even think about it. Go get that Cherry!!!! It's great smoking wood.

jaybaks

Joined Jul 1, 2012
I use a lot of cherry, pear, and apple wood.  Get all that you can.  It is a great wood

colt black

Fire Starter
Joined Jul 1, 2014
I use cherry then finish the last few hours with pecan. Time depends on what im smoking. Tastes great.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.