Cherry Flamed Chicken!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Great looking cook there Civil!

Big LIKE!

I almost asked where you where at on the build when I posted to one of your other threads, but figured you were probably pretty busy with the holiday season.

Nice to see it is cranking out fantastic BBQ!

John

That is some really good looking chicken. Makes me want a leg quarter of my own. Great job. Two thumbs up.

G

Thanks River, quartered chicken parts are yum! I know I know I'm having them for dinner tonight!

That looks great I like the cooker. Likes
Richie

Thanks Richie! The X-Fires is part of our family now, just love how it cooks!

Great looking bird and your smoker is a real masterpiece! Like, RAY

Thanks Ray, I know my son and me went out on a limb with the build with high hopes, but we lucked out and have a real grill/smoker. It has really upped the flavor and texture that can be imparted to the meat. It also makes it a bit disappointing to use the gasser.

Great looking meal!
Nicely done!
Al

Thanks Al, your comments are much appreciated!

Great looking cook there Civil!

Big LIKE!

I almost asked where you where at on the build when I posted to one of your other threads, but figured you were probably pretty busy with the holiday season.

Nice to see it is cranking out fantastic BBQ!

John

Thanks John! Yes we are still using the X-Fire and we are SLOWLY making progress on it. We were doing good then ran out of weld wire and my drill press motor went belly up (errr). The Boy and me are also getting fully set up for knife making. We are about 1/2 done with our forge. We want to forge some blades and work on the X-Fire over the Christmas break. We would like to get the door handles done for the doors and get the duel burner frame done over the break. I will post the progress on the build thread for sure

Beautiful high quality meal.

Thanks Hawg! Simple can be very elegant if done right in my book!

Fantastic looking bird! I love the cooker too! LIKE!!!

Thanks creek bottom! Our fam is very fond of the X-Fire, it really expands our cooking options beyond the norm for sure!

Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
That chicken looks wonderful Civil - Nicely done. I'm gonna have to try cherry wood on my next batch of chicken. I like the color you got.

Point for sure
Chris

That chicken looks wonderful Civil - Nicely done. I'm gonna have to try cherry wood on my next batch of chicken. I like the color you got.

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks Chris! I really like cherry, especially when I'm doing open flame cooking. It burns hot and clean and it really does give a nice color! The smoke taste is almost velvety so nice on chicken parts.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky