cherry cayenne snacksticks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rippper

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
merto detroit, michigan
went to get a deer processed at a local butcher and he had some sample snack sticks pieces. The best one was a cherry/cayenne. sweet with just a little bite. He was not willing to give up his recipe. Any body got one? thx in advance.

Dried cherries and some red pepper added to what ever basic mix or recipe you use ?
Guy out here makes a honey pecan brat , so maybe the sweetness could come from honey . Mikes hot honey would give you some heat and sweet .

Reactions: rippper
do ya think that using cherry juice instead of water would and enough "sweetness"?
Depends . You thinking the juice from jarred cherries ? Might be an idea .
Cherry juice that I drink is tart .
I would probably try dextrose or turbinado sugar with some cherry flavor .
Candied cherries might work .

Reactions: rippper
Interesting combo.
FYI, on the sweetness chart, dextrose is 70% as sweet as sucrose, and fructose is 130% as sweet as sugar. Since you are using cherry, which is a fruit, might wanna use some high fructose corn syrup.....

I bet that’s it. Just order some. I don’t know how I missed that, been searching all the company’s that do pre-mix seasoning. I don’t see any reason it would not make a good snack stick.
Late to the game but just wondering if the seasoning you ordered worked, and how it tasted?
Thanks,

When we lived in Savannah I used to go to this store for items.

PS Seasonings has a Cherry Cayenne sausage premix. Maybe that’s what they use.
I made a 25 batch of fresh cherry cayenne venison/pork sausage this year. Turned out fabulous. Took a bunch to a friend’s cabin for a goose hunting weekend and smoked with mesquite (all they had) on their Treager, everyone was impressed and surprised by how good they were.

Reactions: rib spreader
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky