Chefs Choice Slicer 609,610,615: Owners alert!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

browneyesvictim

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 16, 2016
Creswell OR
Just a heads up for those that own this line of slicers... I know its pretty popular around here...

Mine just quit right in the middle of slicing cheese. Took the blade off... nothing jammed in it. Unplugged it... it wasn't hot but thought there might be a thermal overload breaker inside of it that would auto-reset after it cooled down so I unplugged it, and waited... But it still wouldn't work. Finally, I looked on the bottom and there was a fuse holder! Never noticed that before. When I opened it, there it was a blown fuse. But this wasn't going to be so easy to get my cheese slicing finished after all...

Its an ODDBALL FUSE! Order your spare today to have on hand for if and when it goes out!
On page 8 of the owners manual:

Satisfactory replacement fuses are available from
Hollyland 50T, LittelFuse (Model 2181.25) or Bussman GDCS505. All are

Slo-Blo type, rated at 1.25A and 250V

Found em on Amazon. GDC was the cheapest I found- $7.96 for a pack of 5. Part number TTL-A-215

Thanks for the update!
I'll check my model and see if it is there and if so I will get some fuses. I can't stand for something to break down in the middle of use and I don't have the part/piece to fix it though I know I could immediately fix it if I did!!!

Agreed! It really sucks to be down for such an inexpensive item. I have a boatload of fuses, but not only is this fuse an uncommon amperage, but it is a shorty fuse- not your typical length. Slow-blow type to boot. Highly unlikely you will find it at your local hardware or big-box store.

Great Tip, Browneyes!!!
I just looked, and my "Chef's Choice 645" doesn't have a fuse holder on the bottom.
Still a good tip though.

Bear

Hmmm... I don't have the box anymore. Don't recall ever seeing one but might have got tossed. Where was your located?

In the zip bag with the instructions,stapled to the booklet.
100_7576.JPG

Most excellent! Thanks Richie. Ill look around for it, but its not stapled to my book.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky