Cheesesteaks & a Quakertown Weber

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Cheesesteaks & a "Quakertown Weber" (With Dessert)

I got a craving for some Cheesesteaks about 2 weeks ago, but it was right after we got our 2 week order from Giant Market, so I had to wait 2 weeks to take care of my craving.

I didn’t have any of my usual Cheesesteak Sauce, so I used Mrs Bear’s BBQ Sauce on these.
Then some Chipsteak & some shredded Mozzarella.

Then the next day I used the leftover Chipsteak, and mixed it in a bowl with tomato pieces, torn up lettuce, and some Miracle Whip, and Nuked it. Then added a little cheese & Nuked it again.
Then I spread some Miracle Whip on the rolls & dumped the mixes on the rolls.
I ate these with a fork, because they were too well stuffed to pick up & eat.

Then for Dessert, we each had a piece of one of Mrs Bear’s specialty Pies--—“Cherries in the Snow”.
Link to "Cherries in the Snow" Step by Step:
Cherries In The Snow

That’s All Folks,

Bear

Sauce on Rolls:
IMG_6512.jpeg

Pile of Chip Steak on each Roll:
IMG_6513.jpeg

Mozzarella on top of each pile of meat & Nuked until Melted:
IMG_6514.jpeg

NEXT NIGHT'S Supper
Weber Time: Leftover Chip Steak in one bowl---Lettuce, Tomato pieces, and some Miracle Whip, Mixed.
Then combine bowls, mix in some Shredded Mozzarella----Mix & Nuke to melt:
IMG_6519.jpeg

Spread Miracle Whip on Rolls & pile the Mix on each roll. Had to eat with fork, Open Face---as these were too stuffed to pick up:
IMG_6520.jpeg

Base of "Cherries in the Snow". One of Mrs Bear's Specialties for Dessert:
IMG_6498.jpeg

Bear's helping of "Cherries in the Snow" completed with the Cherry Pie Filling on top:
See Link Above for Step by Step:
IMG_6499.jpeg

Last edited:
Boy John that slice of pie looks real good. The sammies aren't to shabby either.

Point for sure
Chris

Looks good Bear! I could put a cheesesteak away right now and I’d be sure to leave enough room for dessert.

Lookin' pretty darned tasty there Bear!! I managed to create a decent cheese steak last week and enjoyed every bite if it...but what's not to love, eh? :emoji_wink:

Robert

Looks delicious all the way around Bear. Special thanks to Mrs. Bear for sharing the recipe. Definitely gonna try that. Great job.

Boy John that slice of pie looks real good. The sammies aren't to shabby either.

Point for sure
Chris

Thank You Chris!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Everything looks great as always Bear. Give our thanks to Mrs. Bear for letting you post her recipe. I've copied it, but have to put it on hold since we stopped eating deserts during Lent. But the steaks, not on my "prohibition" list! 🍻

Thank You Wurst !!
And For the Like too.

Bear

Bear, do you recall an Allentown resturant called "Walps?" Being from Quakertown and giving the Forum such wonderful information and education, I wanted to take you back a few year with these "Ältere deutsche Rezepte " like "wet bottom shoo-fly pie" Not to mention a "Philadelphia Pepper Hash" recipe to go as a side with your meals. Enjoy with Mrs. Bear. 🍻

Attachments

• Recipes for special side dishes from Walp's restaurant - The Morning Call.pdf
    77.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Philadelphia Pepper Hash Recipe.txt
    892 bytes · Views: 5
Bear, do you recall an Allentown resturant called "Walps?" Being from Quakertown and giving the Forum such wonderful information and education, I wanted to take you back a few year with these "Ältere deutsche Rezepte " like "wet bottom shoo-fly pie" Not to mention a "Philadelphia Pepper Hash" recipe to go as a side with your meals. Enjoy with Mrs. Bear. 🍻

Thank You Wurst!!!
Sure I remember Walp's---They were their forever!! Quakertown had their competition named "Trainer's".
And Thanks for the recipes from the Morning Call. We get that paper once in awhile, when they offer it up for free, or for 52 cents a week. I usually tell them I don't need it much any more, because I don't go fishing any more.
Mrs Bear made a couple wet bottom Shoo-fly pies already, but the best one they sell around here is Great---"Wixon Shoo-Fly".

Thanks Again!!
Bear

Reactions: Wurstmeister
Thank You Wurst!!!
Sure I remember Walp's---They were their forever!! Quakertown had their competition named "Trainer's".
And Thanks for the recipes from the Morning Call. We get that paper once in awhile, when they offer it up for free, or for 52 cents a week. I usually tell them I don't need it much any more, because I don't go fishing any more.
Mrs Bear made a couple wet bottom Shoo-fly pies already, but the best one they sell around here is Great---"Wixon Shoo-Fly".

Thanks Again!!
Bear
Trainers on Rte 309. That's the one name I couldn't remember when talking with Mrs. Wurst about the old resturants we use to visit in the area. 🍻

Trainers on Rte 309. That's the one name I couldn't remember when talking with Mrs. Wurst about the old resturants we use to visit in the area. 🍻

Yup---Trainer's. My Sister put herself through 4 years at Muhlenberg working at Trainer's, plus her Scholarship.
Then it became a Red Lobster, and now it's a MacDonald's, and the parking lot is a Shopping Center, along with the old "Starlight Drive-inn Movie Theater".
Now you're bringing back memories!!

Bear

Reactions: Wurstmeister
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky