Checking Out Sam's Today ... Hope $$ is Right

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinGame

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 11, 2018
Sullivan, IN
Heading out the shooting range for couple hours this AM. Have to make sure muzzleloader is ready for hunting season. On the way home plan to run by Sam's and see what deals I can find. Specifically hope to find decent $$ for a brisket, skirt and flank steak and who knows what else. Hoping to have the Camp Chef up and running in a week or so when new controller arrives. Plus, my wife is requesting a couple items on the griddle. My dream is that they see me coming and but all the beef on sale! We can all dream.

good luck with the beef prices and have fun with your muzzleloader!! hope your grill part comes in on time and fixes your issues.

Just remember, powder, patch, ball and you'll be good! This one day...I took my blackpowder and went hunting meat in the big Sam's Woods! :emoji_blush:

Ryan
You just about need a firearm to hunt meat at Sams (any grocery store) right now the way prices are. Kroger yesterday has Butts on SALE for $2.49/pd. SMH!
Jim

Reactions: 912smoker
Wish you good hunting at Sam's. If you were a little closer, I'd hook you up with some easy hunting. I have a wooded hilltop that overlooks a creek bottom with grass in between. All you have to do is sit up on the hill and wait for the deer to come across from the other side of the creek. Easy peasy so long as you drop it in the field. Just jump in the side by side and load it up.

I am going to be in NH this weekend and was hoping Hannafords would have tri-tip on sale but it is $12.99/lb. Will have to wait till Saturday to see the new flyer

In other news...
U.S. beef exports remained on a red-hot pace in June 2022, topping $1 billion for the fifth time this year (after twice reaching $1 billion in 2021), according to data released by USDA and compiled by the U.S. Meat Export Federation (USMEF).Aug 8, 2022

Reactions: JLeonard
My local Sam's has choice brisket going for $3.68lb today, not great but it's been worse. New ads come out tomorrow. RAY

That's what it was our Sam's today. Would have rather found it for <$3/lb, but a 14# one managed to get in my cart any way. So did some a some ribeyes, skirt steak and flank steak. I think we are set for a couple weeks. Not the best prices, but way better than those at our local grocery. We live in a 1 horse town 30 miles from Sam's. Locally the ribeyes are $6/lb MORE than Sam's. And Sam's quality beats the local by a large margin.

Wish you good hunting at Sam's. If you were a little closer, I'd hook you up with some easy hunting. I have a wooded hilltop that overlooks a creek bottom with grass in between. All you have to do is sit up on the hill and wait for the deer to come across from the other side of the creek. Easy peasy so long as you drop it in the field. Just jump in the side by side and load it up.

Don't tempt me. You in Richmond? I have sisters living in Wilmore and Lancaster areas. My mother is in seniors home in Harrodsburg. I was just down there last weekend.

Reactions: DougE
Stopped at Fry's Market (Kroger affiliate) on the way home from getting my shoulders shot up. Low and behold, whole brisky for $1.99lb! I grabbed a 15 pounder to grind for my burgers, when I feel like brisket I do dino ribs instead.

Reactions: 912smoker
Stopped at Fry's Market (Kroger affiliate) on the way home from getting my shoulders shot up. Low and behold, whole brisky for $1.99lb! I grabbed a 15 pounder to grind for my burgers, when I feel like brisket I do dino ribs instead.
I knew I should have checked Krogers! Darn

Don't tempt me. You in Richmond? I have sisters living in Wilmore and Lancaster areas. My mother is in seniors home in Harrodsburg. I was just down there last weekend.
Yep, you were right in my neck of the woods. I'm not that far from where the ferry crosses the Kentucky river from Jessamine county into Madison county. We usually take the ferry if going to Nicholasville for anything.

Yep, you were right in my neck of the woods. I'm not that far from where the ferry crosses the Kentucky river from Jessamine county into Madison county. We usually take the ferry if going to Nicholasville for anything.
BIL owns fencing company in Nicholasville.

Reactions: DougE
WOW. That is a mighty kind offer! My hat is off to you, sir!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky