Checking in

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sly anthony

Original poster
Feb 12, 2014
Antigua & Barbuda
Hi every one, my name is Sly and yep im a newbie. I live in the caribbean , about 3000 miles south of florida on an island called Antigua, population 100,000. I am a former special ops officer and weekend welder. I am married with 3 kids in college. I love barbeques but i have never owned a proper smoker. I am about to start a trailer mounted 250 gallon conventional smoker project, please please please all comments and suggestions are welcome as i have never attempted this before. Every one on the island use grilling technique and call it BBQ which i know is wrong. My project when completed will be a first for Antigua as no one here owns a real smoker grill so in essence i will be the only guy here who will be doing authentic BBQ. Looking forward to meeting new people and making friends.

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Hello Sly and welcome!  You've found a great site for sharing ideas on smoking, grilling, curing, etc.  There're plenty of friendly folks here who really know their stuff and enjoy helping out.  Good luck with your smoker build project!  You can check out the Smoker Builds forums for lots of good tips...plenty of talented members have posted builds over there:

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/f/197/smoker-builds

Happy Smoking!

Red

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky