Cheap Amazon smoke tube

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

00nothing

Original poster
Sep 30, 2008
So ordered this from my nearly empty piggy bank account the other day and just got home to it. $14.99 Canadian !!! Hopefully it works reasonably. Will test run it with pellets tomorrow and make some Dave’s Dust for a comparable test.

63997911-EB8B-4209-98B7-6CEBB984DD7B.jpeg

Good luck, had a cheap bigger around tube that I gave my son, use a oval tube now with great results, they are $20 at walmart most of the time

Good luck, had a cheap bigger around tube that I gave my son, use a oval tube now with great results, they are $20 at walmart most of the time

Canadian Walmart’s don’t have anything that cool, if I like the results I will pony out the additional cash and get myself an amaze-n tube or pan

Canadian Walmart’s don’t have anything that cool, if I like the results I will pony out the additional cash and get myself an amaze-n tube or pan

Well you might not like it then not buy the amaze-n tube. The square bottom might not let the air flow right for it to burn right. I have many amazn tubes and trays. Love them all.

Reactions: 00nothing
Well you might not like it then not buy the amaze-n tube. The square bottom might not let the air flow right for it to burn right. I have many amazn tubes and trays. Love them all.
My grill (Louisiana grill 900) seems to always have a decent amount of cross flow but I can try and modify something to add in some air maybe a ram on one of the output vents facing down to the smoke tube, and seal all but one of the other vents

Using a pellet tube, oval, square, or my 6 sided knockoff unit in a pellet pooper will have more than enough air to keep it smoking.
Pellet Grills have a fan pushing a lot of air through the cook chamber.
I mash my pellets so they are less than 1/2" long to give a nice density or the pooper will go through a load in 3-4 hours.
Give that a try before you make dust. Not sure the size of your square. My 6 sided is about 1-1/2" across.

My knockoff smokes just fine in the kettle unless I'm trying to throttle down the charcoal, then it will go out.

It will work just as well as the name brand as long as you set it up on the slant. Prop one end up a few inches higher than the other and it will work fine. However, you need to do it whether it's a clamp or as simple as a wood chunk or rock. If it goes out it's most likely moisture in your pellets nuke them for a minutes or two before you use them.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky