1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Chat Window

Discussion in 'Blowing Smoke Around the Smoker.' started by bmudd14474, Jul 18, 2019.

1. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Legendary Pitmaster Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Most of you know we have a chat room on the forum. If not there is a button on the bottom right of the page that says "Chat". Or go to www.smokingmeatforums.com/chat

It use to always show you dialog of what was going on in the chat room. Some members didn't like this so I have made some changed. Instead of auto logging you into the room when you click the chat button it will take you to a general room where you will have to click the + sign and join the room.

Screenshot_6.png

Screenshot_8.png

Let me know if you have any questions about this change or any feedback.

Thanks.

Brian

kilo charlie likes this.
  2. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Legendary Pitmaster Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Also if you have the chat window open if you click on options then "open in popout" it will open it in its own window so that you can have it open while still browsing the forum.

Screenshot_9.png

Hope this helps.

Brian

3. HalfSmoked

HalfSmoked Smoking Guru Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Dang Brian you trying to confuse the old man? :emoji_laughing:

Warren

flatbroke likes this.
  4. HalfSmoked

flatbroke Thanks for the like it is appreciated.

Warren

5. bdskelly

bdskelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Good advice Brian. Unfortunately I’ve found my fingers don’t type fast enough to keep up with the conversation! LOL. But do enjoy the SMF chat room from time to time. B

6. HalfSmoked

You have to get one of those things you talk to and it types what you say to it.

Warren