charcoal in a offset stick burner

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

zardrel

Fire Starter
Original poster
Sep 1, 2013
i know charcoal is awesome for ribs(mmmmmmmm tasty!!) but its alot of ash, even with lump charcoal its ashes. if offsets have a side fire box door, then the advantage is that you, can load the logs into the cooker from the side. but why charcoal?? whats the point of it in stick burners?? im a teen and i have no clue why you use charcoal to start a fire, instead of kindling, tender and fuel. please help me under stand

me too, i tend to use just all wood, 100 percent, i get it going with a greased up peice of cardboard

I am a Stickburner , it's a preference thing and (IMHO) delivers more taste for the bang . I started as a Stickburner in Texas as a Kid and it stuck .

I also enjoy the time spent with my Smoker ,tending ,enjoying a good drink or Coffee and visiting with a friend .  I can see the set and forget scene , but chose not to go there and I dislike the smell of burning "bagged" whatever
icon_eek.gif

There's nothing like" Real Wood Smoke" bathing your food in flavor
beercheer.gif

Have fun and . . . 

Reactions: kapdon
I am a Stickburner , it's a preference thing and (IMHO) delivers more taste for the bang . I started as a Stickburner in Texas as a Kid and it stuck .

I also enjoy the time spent with my Smoker ,tending ,enjoying a good drink or Coffee and visiting with a friend .  I can see the set and forget scene , but chose not to go there and I dislike the smell of burning "bagged" whatever
icon_eek.gif

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/a/stickburning101        Here's an article for you. . .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky