charcoal Basket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

firelock

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 4, 2012
Hamilton Twp. NJ
Hi all, Just wanted to know what size Charcoal Basket to make for the Brinkmann Smoke n pit. I have not put the Pit together yet as I am getting an area ready for it in the Yard. I can't wait! Lol... Would like to know the in side dimensions of the Fire box. Still have to get the Expanded Metal at the Depot. Thanks for looking...

Anthony...

Last edited:
You haven't put it together yet, but you want to know the inside dimensions of the fire box. Measure it.??.

Looks like you have a new smoker on your hands. Put it together and use the grate that comes with it while you season it . 

Last edited:
LOL! Like your Avatar Pit 4 Brains. Well the Pits in the back of the truck in the box. I'm hiding it from the wife for now. Did take out the manual to read it. I guess I'll just wait till its together  to make the Fire Box. Should be easy. Got 2 Thermometers  coming and I have an Idea for the baffle. YA-BABY,....

Anthony, morning....   About the basket... As big as possible and still be removable....  The size mesh is important too....  The ash from the charcoal needs to fall from the basket pretty much on its own so as to not plug the air flow... Go with big mesh....  Dave

I am laughing so hard I was almost crying - how you gonna figure out when to tell her 

Well the Pits in the back of the truck in the box. I'm hiding it from the wife for now  

LOL! Like your Avatar Pit 4 Brains. 
Thanks..!

Now here's what ya do. Go buy a new shotgun that costs more than the smoker. When she breaks a clock spring, "take it back" and "buy" the smoker instead. Be sure to put the shotgun somewhere safe for awhile. Few are the wives that recognize their hubby's guns...

Gona do it Nice and Easy...........Lol.. Next couple days I think. Bet she'll want some of that smoked Goodness Though...l

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky