Char-griller / Kingsford hybrid smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Ngof15

Original poster
May 2, 2020
The kingsford is my first pit and it was looking sad not being used so I swapped out the rusty firebox with a char griller. The cook chamber is still in pretty good shape not in any danger or rusting through any time soon so I damn near gave my first pit a whole new life cycle

It looks alot better in my opinion and actually works better and way easier to hold temp cause the kingsford firebox was very small

Only problem is the firebox is backwards lol cause my kingsford is a left side firebox and the char grillers are right side but I don't think it looks too bad

Overall I'm just happy my first pit got some new life.

Attachments

• 20210525_132422.jpg
    20210525_132422.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 31
  • 20210525_132435.jpg
    20210525_132435.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 32
Exactly just didn't feel right letting her go like that. Really happy with the extra firebox space. When I reseasoned it I found I was able to use a lot larger splits in there and the temp held much longer than it's previous firebox.

Only thing is the lid kind of warped around the handle and caused a pretty big leak. Thinking a lava lock latch should do the trick. Just kinda in a weird location. I've only ever seen anyone put 2 latches on the edge not in the middle.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky