Char broil bullet age.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Rings Я Us

Smoking Guru
Original poster
Jul 3, 2017
Southeast Michigan
IMG_20180313_131706.png
IMG_20180313_115059.jpg
Anyone have a clue as to when this char broil bullet was made? It still has the lava rocks and water pan. Not even an analog control however. Wonder the wattage also.

Not a clue, Johnny.
But the element for my Brinkman is 1500 watts. Optional extra.
There again, no control, plug in go, unplug stop.

I'd bet you are looking at 1200-1500 watts.

If you have or can borrow an Ohm meter you can check its resistance. My element is 10.6 Ohms, on the 200 Ohm scale.

If you can measure the Ohms of the element, and use 120 volts as the nominal voltage, then enter those in this online calculator: https://www.rapidtables.com/calc/electric/watt-volt-amp-calculator.html
You can get a rough idea of the Watts. Also the Amps it will draw.

I merely put in the 10.6 Ohms, and the 120 volts, and got 1348 watts. Which is close enough for me.
My UDS runs 225-250 with the element. It might cook something. I know it can melt cheese in short order.

Hope that helps.

There should be a tag on the base that will give you a model # and or serial #.

Chris

Not a clue, Johnny.
But the element for my Brinkman is 1500 watts. Optional extra.
There again, no control, plug in go, unplug stop.

I'd bet you are looking at 1200-1500 watts.

If you have or can borrow an Ohm meter you can check its resistance. My element is 10.6 Ohms, on the 200 Ohm scale.

If you can measure the Ohms of the element, and use 120 volts as the nominal voltage, then enter those in this online calculator: https://www.rapidtables.com/calc/electric/watt-volt-amp-calculator.html
You can get a rough idea of the Watts. Also the Amps it will draw.

I merely put in the 10.6 Ohms, and the 120 volts, and got 1348 watts. Which is close enough for me.
My UDS runs 225-250 with the element. It might cook something. I know it can melt cheese in short order.

Hope that helps.

There should be a tag on the base that will give you a model # and or serial #.

Chris

It's at a consignment shop.. they want to much for it. I figured to offer $25 and put my Masterbuilt 1650 W in there.. at least it's analog.. it's thicker than the masterbuilt and enclosed. I figured it would hold temps good.

In Mich Igan?
There's snow in your picture!
But hey, nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?
Throw an offer on it, and let it soak. The consignor may take it. ;)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky