Chain Bbq restaurants.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sonny’s is OK, but really depends on the location. Floyd “Sonny” Tillman is the founder and he lives not too far from me (have met him). He sold the chain in the early nineties. I believe he kept a few of the local location under his control around Gainesville FL. and ran them into the early 2000’s, but he hasn’t been involved for sometime. They were better back in the day.

We went to a brewery that partnered with a smoked food joint where my son lives in Keene, NH and it was the best yet. Food produced from a guy from NC and a partner from Nashville. They claim that local retractions prevent them from using an offset/open flame so are doing it pellet. Was really good.

Smoked Brisket, ribs, turkey, PP, jalapeno sausage platter with beans, collard greens, coleslaw and jalapeno corn bread.
We have a Brew Pub/BBQ joint near us as well. They do both pretty well.
Meatheads Smokehouse

Not sure how many locations make a restaurant a chain.

Before they had multiple locations I went to both Sam Jones BBQ and Rodney Scott's BBQ and I really enjoyed the food there.

There used to be a couple of Famous Dave's near me and I thought they were good (that was before I learned what bbq was). I really liked their BBQ Salad with pulled chicken, the dressing that it came with was the best salad dressing I have ever had (I am not a salad eater and I would order it today).

Mission BBQ, been to a few, the food was pretty good for chain BBQ.

Went to Martin's BBQ Joint in Nashville and had one of the best single bites of BBQ I have ever had when one of the kitchen staff came out to get some fresh meat off of the hog and he placed a handful of belly meat right on my tray...Truly Amazing.

Was in Florida a couple years ago and tried Sonny's, what i got was pretty good. I would go back.

Tried a Dickey's once, wouldn't go back.

If two locations make it a chain I have had excellent food at both 17th St BBQ locations in Illinois. I would recommend the original in Murfreesboro though.

There is a local chain in central Virginia called Q BBQ. They had 4 locations at one time but are down to 2 now. The food is OK, it was better when Tuffy Stone still owned them.

I think that wraps up my chain experience that i can think of. I may try some Buc-ee's chopped brisket this spring though.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky