CFM thru smoker for cold-smoking cheese?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

evilpsych

Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jan 9, 2014
Hi guys, been awhile since i've posted on here.. but i've finally gotten around to building out my warming cabinet into a smoker - It will be 220v electric with smoke from dust/pellets (yeah yeah yeah.. i've gotten lazier in my old age..) the question has arisen for cold smoking what CFM needs to roll thru the smoker to keep smoke from being stale? I was considering using a 40mm computer fan on the intake to keep fresh air circulating in during cold smoking. Hot smoking i'm certain i won't need it and can get away with the normal convection of hot air. 4" exhaust and a 1.5" inlet was what I was going with since it worked so well on my UDS.

Thought? it's a double wall (1.75" thick) insulated stainless steel food warmer about the size of a refrigerator.

Hi guys, been awhile since i've posted on here.. but i've finally gotten around to building out my warming cabinet into a smoker - It will be 220v electric with smoke from dust/pellets (yeah yeah yeah.. i've gotten lazier in my old age..) the question has arisen for cold smoking what CFM needs to roll thru the smoker to keep smoke from being stale? I was considering using a 40mm computer fan on the intake to keep fresh air circulating in during cold smoking. Hot smoking i'm certain i won't need it and can get away with the normal convection of hot air. 4" exhaust and a 1.5" inlet was what I was going with since it worked so well on my UDS.

Thought? it's a double wall (1.75" thick) insulated stainless steel food warmer about the size of a refrigerator.
I can't help. I never got that technical.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky