Center Cut Rib Eyes With Burgundy Mushroom Sauce (W / Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
If any of you are as uneducated about food as I am, you're probably asking yourself "what the heck is he talking about?" but you read the title correctly. Personally, I've never heard of or seen Burgundy mushroom sauce, let alone cooked or eaten it. I just got this nagging notion in my head yesterday and it wouldn't leave. Sitting over a beer or three in my little pub yesterday afternoon I started thinking through how I was gonna make this happen and formulated a plan. Well, here goes nothing....

Rib eyes out of the freezer and defrosted
002.jpg

Mushrooms in the pan with butter and beef broth (full recipe to follow)
003.jpg

Fresh green beans sprinkled with a little salt and garlic
004.jpg

Beans into the steamer
005.jpg

Made a beef flavored rice pilaf
006.jpg

Steaks lightly seasoned with my beef rub and onto the grill
014.jpg

Steaks all done
015.jpg

Money shot: steak, mushrooms, rice, and green beans. I can't believe I missed taking in-progress pics of the 'shrooms. Shame on me!!
016.jpg

Well, this is my 30 minute throw-together Wednesday night dinner :emoji_laughing: Sorry Bear...just had to "throw" that out there sir :emoji_wink: Steaks were great. Tracy's was perfectly cooked for her but mine was 15 or 20 seconds over done. Still moist, tender, and flavorful though. The rice pilaf was fantastic and beans were excellent, but those mushrooms were absolutely to die for!! Never having seen or heard of therm before, I couldn't have been happier. Tracy has never really liked mushrooms and asked that I not put any on her plate. When we sat down to eat, she loved the aroma of them and decided to just get some gravy to put on her steak. After a couple bites she went back and got a bunch of mushrooms on the side and ate every last one of them. They were that good!! I'll tell you in o uncertain terms that these will be a regular item around here. By far they were the star of the meal. I could put them in a needle and enjoy them intravenously....wow they were good. Here is the recipe if anybody is curious:

8 oz. Sliced mushrooms
2 T butter
½ cup beef broth
1 t beef bouillon
1 t black pepper
½ t onion powder
½ t garlic powder
½ t salt
1 T Burgundy wine
1 T + 1 t corn starch

-Put mushrooms in a pan with butter
-Lightly simmer for a few minutes until mushrooms start to soften
-Add beef broth and bring to a light boil
-Add all dry spices and let simmer gently 8-10 minutes
-Add Burgundy wine
-Sift corn starch slowly into pan stirring constantly until sauce reaches desired consistency

Simple and basic but just a perfectly balanced flavor combination that comes together in a 5-star quality manner. Well I gotta run. Have a few reports to write and send out then a trip to visit friends....at guess where? That's right, my little pub :emoji_astonished:

Yep, got lucky again,
Robert

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 3
Looks awesome Robert. I cant believe you have never had burgundy mushrooms! Yours look outstanding. Another one hit out of the park my friend!

Looks delicious Robert!! We must share a brain because I bought mushrooms to sauté with our last piece of meatloaf. My wife and I are mushroom fanatics!

I usually make mine with butter and Worcestershire sauce. I think I’ll incorporate some wine into them tonight.

Awesome plate there!

Nicely done as usual Robert. I've been making Burgundy sauce with mushrooms for awhile now. Your recipe is very close to mine. Except I use Portabella mushrooms...lots of them! And a splash of olive oil with the butter.

Looks amazing! I love sautéed mushrooms but haven’t done them with burgundy. Will have to try it.

Looks great Robert, love the mushrooms. Have to keep this in mind, another on the to do list!

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky