Center Cut Loin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

msmith

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Nov 22, 2006
Haltom City Tx
Smoked a 5lb center cut loin for new yrs dinner. Coated it with mustard then rubbed it down with jeffs rib rub. Also fixed up a small head of cabbage to go with it. Ran the smoker at 240* using pecan wood. Smoked loin until internal temp was 145*. Then coated it with mahongy sauce ( Dutches reciepe) and let smoke for 30 min more. I started at 12:00 and pulled both off at 3:00. I believe that I out did myself this time, Ive never had one turn out as tender and juicy as this one. The cabbage also was right on the money, could have not had a better day than today.

Dutch all I can say about your sauce is---- Shut up and pass the sauce. Excellent.
e49f8e6a_vbattach11567.jpg

4db79da7_vbattach11566.jpg

548f6ac4_vbattach11420.jpg

4823f38b_vbattach11419.jpg

4acf9bc1_vbattach11284.jpg

7d3b088e_vbattach11285.jpg

Thanks for the compliments, the loin was very good. Up in Smoke I do have the cabbage listed under veggies. The only part I forgot was to use medium to small heads the big ones are to tough. Guess i need to edit it. I dont use a thermometer on it you can tell when its done by feeling it. It will feel very soft. Then get ready for some good eating.

Up in Smoke, it is actually in the Grilling Section under Veggies there. It looks incredible. Shoot, it's got bacon and butter so it has to be good.

Marvin, Glad you enjoyed the recipe, I almost said to meself "What?? No Wicked Baked Beans?" :P
Nice pic's.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky