Center Cut Loin

Discussion in 'Pork' started by msmith, Jan 1, 2007.

1. msmith

msmith Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Smoked a 5lb center cut loin for new yrs dinner. Coated it with mustard then rubbed it down with jeffs rib rub. Also fixed up a small head of cabbage to go with it. Ran the smoker at 240* using pecan wood. Smoked loin until internal temp was 145*. Then coated it with mahongy sauce ( Dutches reciepe) and let smoke for 30 min more. I started at 12:00 and pulled both off at 3:00. I believe that I out did myself this time, Ive never had one turn out as tender and juicy as this one. The cabbage also was right on the money, could have not had a better day than today.

Dutch all I can say about your sauce is---- Shut up and pass the sauce. Excellent.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ultramag

ultramag SMF Events Planning Committee

Looks great msmith, I've got to get on trying that cabbage.

3. pyre

pyre Meat Mopper OTBS Member

Smoked cabbage sounds good! That loin looks really good too.

4. I sure hope you are gonna share that smoked cabbage recipe! Or have you already done so? (didn’t see it in vege. forum) That loin looks quite tasty!
    [​IMG]

5. msmith

msmith Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Thanks for the compliments, the loin was very good. Up in Smoke I do have the cabbage listed under veggies. The only part I forgot was to use medium to small heads the big ones are to tough. Guess i need to edit it. I dont use a thermometer on it you can tell when its done by feeling it. It will feel very soft. Then get ready for some good eating.

6. ultramag

ultramag SMF Events Planning Committee

Up in Smoke, it is actually in the Grilling Section under Veggies there. It looks incredible. Shoot, it's got bacon and butter so it has to be good.

7. dutch

dutch Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Marvin, Glad you enjoyed the recipe, I almost said to meself "What?? No Wicked Baked Beans?" :p
    Nice pic's.