Cauliflower pizza...I’m serious!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dude that looks bomb, I want to try it.

We cut noodles out all together with an exception for occasional Mac and cheese.
We make zucchini noodles and make a lasagna. I too crave pizza. The lasagna helps.

Not to sound like a conspiracy kook . But we’ve been given very very bad advice from the gov about eating fat causes high cholesterol. It’s the sugar / carbs that cause the inflammation. Your body makes cholesterol to repair the inflammation. So stop the inflammation.
Eat the pork butt not the bun.
And friends I’ve got the blood tests to prove it. Low fat high carb is not a good diet. (Stepping off my soap box)

Reactions: kawboy
Not to sound like a conspiracy kook . But we’ve been given very very bad advice from the gov about eating fat causes high cholesterol. It’s the sugar / carbs that cause the inflammation. Your body makes cholesterol to repair the inflammation. So stop the inflammation.
Eat the pork butt not the bun.
And friends I’ve got the blood tests to prove it. Low fat high carb is not a good diet. (Stepping off my soap box)
After my triple I cut all fat and sugar, minimal carbs. My tests are great, got another monday. I've learned to read labels on everything I buy. I crave alot of things I used to eat but resist the temptation. Getting old sucks but I adjust. Btw my coffee is black with a splash of fat free milk these days, I'm good with that.

I agree about the cauliflower crusts. My wife started making them after a few failed zucchini crusts. The cauliflower is much better. May have to put my request in for one.

I'm going to have to try this crust, the ones at the stores have too many carbs. I've been cutting carbs way back as well.
The best options I have found from the store is this little "pizza" from Kroger that has the crust made from ground chicken and Parmesan cheese! It is pretty good but you can catch the taste of the chicken "crust" which is fine because it just becomes a fancy pizza chicken parmesan without the breading hahaha.

Also I found a keto coconut flour flat wrap/tortilla recipe that I'm starting to get down. I did pizza out of those and it was a pretty good success. They turned out more like strombolis BUT I think if I toast the wraps/tortillas in the oven to get them crispy that will solve the problem there. I'm still experimenting with them.

They DO however work well as wraps and wanna-be tortillas.

Finally, on the riced cauliflower, I love the stuff. I actually cook it like Mexican/Spanish rice as well as Asian Fried rice and I am astounded at how close the flavor comes. The texture is not the same but is close enough to mushy rice that it works fine for me. I love to be able to throw the Mexcian riced cauliflower into the wrap and add meat and a touch of salsa or hot sauce and avocado, etc. etc. and go to town on it!

This fixes most of my carb cravings for the time being. OOOH that and pork rinds with quacamole or just a little home made salsa for my chips and dip fix :)

Reactions: 73saint
Thanks for posting this. I did "loaded" cauliflower- (loaded mashed potatoes) last night and I myself LOVED it. But it was a "miss" for the Mrs. She says her brain tells her its supposed to be potatoes, but its not- admits its 100% psychological.
I think I need to try crispy/crusty alternatives to the "mushy".

I agree about the cauliflower crusts. My wife started making them after a few failed zucchini crusts. The cauliflower is much better. May have to put my request in for one.
I’ve tried that too. Zucchini makes good noodles, but not crust. Kind of like how cauliflower makes great crust and gross pasta.

Thanks for posting this. I did "loaded" cauliflower- (loaded mashed potatoes) last night and I myself LOVED it. But it was a "miss" for the Mrs. She says her brain tells her its supposed to be potatoes, but its not- admits its 100% psychological.
I think I need to try crispy/crusty alternatives to the "mushy".
I think the key to good cauliflower crust is getting as much moisture out as possible. I did well, but next time will work even harder on that. The thin crispy pieces at the edge of the crust were perfect.

Never tried the Cauliflower pizza yet; but I have done mashed cauliflower in place of mashed potatoes and liked it. Might need to try this now that it got the stamp of approval on SMF.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky