Catfish?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

txflyguy

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 29, 2009
Anyone have suggestions on grilling and/or smoking catfish? I have cooked them on the grill before, but that was decades ago.

One more thing while I'm here...beer battered deep fried salmon! It is to die for! We had friends over for our salmon fry, and the fish simply disappeared as fast as we could fry it. In fact, we actually ran out of salmon. It was that good.

See photos below.

IMG_0764.JPG
IMG_0767.JPG
IMG_0769.JPG

We smoke catfish whole. Brine overnight in salt brown sugar and water solution. Then smoke oak or mesquite. Really good
always smoked catfieh,really goog bc of high oil and fat content.Brine overnight in equal parts salt to brwn sugar till egg floats.then dry w/paper towels and dry with fan to form pellicle then smoke over apple or hickory at 140*-raising temps gradually till IT is 150*smoke slowly 6-8 hrs.enjoy when just out of smoker with good beer and rye bread

always smoked catfieh,really goog bc of high oil and fat content.Brine overnight in equal parts salt to brwn sugar till egg floats.then dry w/paper towels and dry with fan to form pellicle then smoke over apple or hickory at 140*-raising temps gradually till IT is 150*smoke slowly 6-8 hrs.enjoy when just out of smoker with good beer and rye bread

Ok, never smoked catfish before, always grilled. But I'll give it a try!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky