Catfish New Orleans...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
Many of you may know that one of the most popular and iconic seafood dishes in New Orleans is Shrimp Creole. It is a very popular Friday lunch meal and served all over the city from corner dives to high end restaurants. This is an innovative modern twist....Catfish New Orleans.

It's Friday in Louisiana in March-that means obligatory seafood for the large Catholic population. I had fried catfish and FF for lunch. The fish was a little too salty so I only ate half of it. Took the rest home and pulled out a qt. of Shrimp Creole from the freezer to thaw. Warmed that up for supper. Put the leftover fried fish in the air frier to warm/crisp up....
IMG_20230303_192213.jpg

Covered that with some Shrimp Creole....
IMG_20230303_192316.jpg

And that is Catfish New Orleans. But hey, I had left over FF as well....put those in the air frier too...
IMG_20230303_192638.jpg

And covered again with more Shrimp Creole...
IMG_20230303_192719.jpg

Top with homemade tabasco sauce...
IMG_20230303_192802.jpg

and it's time to EAT! The texture of the warm crispy fried catfish with the creamy, buttery shrimp creole...and those fries!! Yep, it's a winner winner shrimp and fish dinner!

Yes I have. But I much rather their stuffed flounder. Pretty much what I order when I go. I get the catfish if they don't have flounder.
Never had that. When I was a kid and we visited Hammond, it was always a highlight of the trip to go to "Manchac". Didn't even know the restaurant was Middendorf's for many years lol.

Yours looks great.

Reactions: indaswamp
Thanks Displaced Texan. There is a new location in Slidell off 1-10 east.... about a mile past when you get off the long lake bridge.
Lol, I won't even eat at the "new" one in Manchac. Saying that, not even sure if both survived the nonsense of the last few years.

But, sorry to hijack. Yours just looks really good and immediately took me back to Manchac.

🍻

Mmmmm... Looks so good... It's almost 7 p.m. here so I cannot have any food till tomorrow (my personal diet) but I am salivating while looking on that pic.... Just got frozen fish fillet from my freezer for tomorrows dinner. Will be cooked the same way like New Orleans fish...

Reactions: indaswamp
Lol, I won't even eat at the "new" one in Manchac. Saying that, not even sure if both survived the nonsense of the last few years.

But, sorry to hijack. Yours just looks really good and immediately took me back to Manchac.

🍻
No problem...hope the memories were good.

Reactions: Displaced Texan
Mmmmm... Looks so good... It's almost 7 p.m. here so I cannot have any food till tomorrow (my personal diet) but I am salivating while looking on that pic.... Just got frozen fish fillet from my freezer for tomorrows dinner. Will be cooked the same way like New Orleans fish...
:emoji_thumbsup: It's good....promise.

Now that is how you do leftovers! I would would help clean a bowl of that!

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky