Caso Dry Ager 63

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

philipc

Original poster
Oct 27, 2015
Uk
Hi

I’m looking at purchasing a dry ager, predominantly for Charcuterie.

I had toyed with the idea of converting a fridge/wine cooler but have seen reasonably(ish) priced dry ager from Caso and the external dimensions are a really good fit for me.

However, I’ve really struggled to find any reviews, information on this and if it’s really any good, issues etc so does anyone have any knowledge/experience of these?

This is the product (I’m based in the uk btw)

Thanks

Reactions: Schwarzwald Metzger
Hi

I’m looking at purchasing a dry ager, predominantly for Charcuterie.

I had toyed with the idea of converting a fridge/wine cooler but have seen reasonably(ish) priced dry ager from Caso and the external dimensions are a really good fit for me.

However, I’ve really struggled to find any reviews, information on this and if it’s really any good, issues etc so does anyone have any knowledge/experience of these?

This is the product (I’m based in the uk btw)

Thanks
Late post, but I too have noticed that mot a lot of people have gotten into the world of dry aging..... I've had my eye on a Dry Ager for a while.... They are fairly simple to construct yourself, but I plan on buying the brand Dry Ager, made in Germany and come in two sizes.... Wait until holidays to purchase... Last memorial day they did a 50% off sale.

Thanks, yeah I did like the look of that and really like the look of it but price tag was a bit high for me. Purchased the Caso, seems okay so far but it’s not very configurable and the readouts seem different to the other InkBird thermometer and humidity readouts!

Thanks, yeah I did like the look of that and really like the look of it but price tag was a bit high for me. Purchased the Caso, seems okay so far but it’s not very configurable and the readouts seem different to the other InkBird thermometer and humidity readouts!
I would love to hear what you have in it. Dry aging is fascinating.

I would love to hear what you have in it. Dry aging is fascinating.
So far, I’ve cured a pancetta, pork loin and just have a hand of pork drying. Just getting into dry aging and charcuterie so all very easy stuff so far.. just trying to source quality fresh meat so trying lots of different butchers around me and bending their ear - still surprises me that some don’t really know what their meat is fed, treated etc.

So far, I’ve cured a pancetta, pork loin and just have a hand of pork drying. Just getting into dry aging and charcuterie so all very easy stuff so far.. just trying to source quality fresh meat so trying lots of different butchers around me and bending their ear - still surprises me that some don’t really know what their meat is fed, treated etc.
I hear you brother. It's hard to find a butcher that takes pride in their product... Going direct to local farms may help.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky