Casing Cleaned

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Biggy1

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Apr 5, 2019
Houston Texas
I cleaned salt from my hog casing Monday cut up my pork butt and measured seasoning and cure. Will the casing be good until Saturday soaking in ajar of clean water keep in the refrigerator?

Thank you sir!

I always add a little vinegar to the soak water just to lower the pH a little....helps fight bad bacteria.....also softens the casing slightly, but be careful not to add more than a TBSP. per quart....

Reactions: Biggy1
I have had casings in the fridge for 4 years using Joe’s method. They are ready to go right away & I never have any blowouts. They also grill up better, nice snap, but no chew. I do use a tsp of vinegar in the container with the casings while storing.
Al

Reactions: Biggy1
I always add a little vinegar to the soak water just to lower the pH a little....helps fight bad bacteria.....also softens the casing slightly, but be careful not to add more than a TBSP. per quart....
Thank you sir I appreciate it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky