Can't view new posts on threads...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
I have alert activated. I get an alert of a new message posted on a thread I am watching. I check alert box in the upper right corner and the drop box opens, showing the new message posted. When I click on the new post, it takes me to the top of the page instead of the new post. If I scroll down from there, the new message is not visible. This just started happening tonight about 8pm. Is the site doing maintenance? Can anyone fix this issue of explain why it is happening? I have like 10 new posts I can not see on multiple thread...I do not even know if I will be able to read any responses to this thread.....

I can even go to my watched thread page and hover over the 'go to first unread message' dot and when I click on that, it takes me to the top of the page instead of the post....so frustrating.

There is an issue that is affecting lots of sites out there. We are taking steps to resolve it now and hopefully it will be resolved out soon.

Reactions: flatbroke
Can't see your post bmudd... something is definitely wrong here...
correction....
Could not see your post until I made a post on the thread bmudd

We made some changes but I had to flush my cache and its working now

I have to type a reply to see any responses...non of the buttons are working..the dot on watched threads is still not functioning, not clicking posts on the alert. I hope the techies get this lined out soon...

I have to type a reply to see any responses...non of the buttons are working..the dot on watched threads is still not functioning, not clicking posts on the alert. I hope the techies get this lined out soon...

Have you cleared your cache and temp internet files then log out and back into the site?

Its complicated. It will resolve its self out on its own over night with everyones browser but this is the fast way to resolve it now

Have you cleared your cache and temp internet files then log out and back into the site?
Appears you using the MS legacy browser. I changed to Chrome (which I don't trust) but use it because it supports all of the on-line sites that I use on a frequent basis.
Prefer Firefox, but some sites don't .

Appears you using the MS legacy browser. I changed to Chrome (which I don't trust) but use it because it supports all of the on-line sites that I use on a frequent basis.
Prefer Firefox, but some sites don't .

Nope I do not use MS at all. Was using firefox and chrome

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky