Can Larch be used for smoking?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Be careful with pallets. Most have been sprayed with some type of insecticide.

Chris
Wasn’t aware that that was the case. Lived in Missouri for a long time and saw the royal oak people recycle a lot of them for charcoal, but I will defer to those who are more in the know.

Wasn’t aware that that was the case. Lived in Missouri for a long time and saw the royal oak people recycle a lot of them for charcoal, but I will defer to those who are more in the know.

I'm far from an expert, but I did work in a warehouse for a few years. We did spray them and reuse them. Also you don't really know what kind of hazardous chemical was stored on them. If your positive that they were built for a certain company and only used by that company. Then they may be fine. Me after what I've seen. I'm not willing to risk it for a few dollars.

Chris

Be careful with pallets. Most have been sprayed with some type of insecticide.

Chris
Exactly, you can get pallets here for cheap but that is why I don't use them, because I don't know what has been done to the wood.

Thanks, I might just leave it based on what I am seeing here. All the hardwood here is so expensive and then I found this guy with Larch for dirt cheap...I knew it was too good to be true.

Well if you have a need for firewood in your fireplace or firepit, larch burns well and puts off great heat. And you said it was cheap.
Gary

Well I don't know a whole bunch about it either John. What I can say though is that a grove of larch, when the needles turns orange in the fall, is a beautiful sight in the dawn sunrise.
Gary

Yup---I saw some like that in a search---Really Pretty!!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky