Can I smoke this?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

trent741

Fire Starter
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Sep 14, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Hi everyone....looking for help here, my wife came home with a small 4 # pork sirloin roast instead of a butt because she said all they had was bone-in shoulder roast. Can this sirloin roast be smoked?

sure, it wont have as much fat in it as a butt, but she'll smoke, I would foil it a little early , maybe around 145-150 so there is still plenty of juice on the meat, and make sure to throw in some apple juice when you foil it.

If you can eat it, you can smoke it. All your wife could find is the bone-in shoulder? That's all I buy. Never tried one without the bone before.

A bone in shoulder roast is a butt.
Pork sirloin the finish temp is 155 internal. There is little connective tissue
and a long slow cook is not needed. Higher pit temps is the way to go.

Jim

Yup, just gonna have ta baby it some cause its gonna wanna dry up on yall. Some extra spritz an like the others have said, maybe hit er with the foil early. Should taste mighty good. I like shoulders myself, I thin they have more flavor then a butt, an butts er mighty good!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky