Camping anyone?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Just got the rig opened for the season. Needs a little cleaning yet. Who else "roughs it" in the wild?
P4270291.JPG

Next weekend we are going to a KOA about 20 miles from home for a shakedown trip to make sure all is good.

Camping=fun times! We camped for years. Had various travel trailers and motor homes. Stayed seasonal at a local campground for six years while the kids were growing up. They are in their thirties now and still talk often of the fun times they had at the campground and are still in touch and hang out with other kids they met there.

Once the kids were done camping we bought a nice class C motor home for the wife and I. Was doing a lot of BBQ catering at the time so we would pull the smoker behind the camper to a outdoor wedding venue and camp there for a couple of days while catering the wedding. That went on a couple years then Covid killed it off. Just now starting to get phone calls to cater events again but we no longer have the motor home. We bought lake property about a hour from where we live. I still do events but I pick and choose what I will do. Best memories come from camping.

I had friends that always invited me to go camping when I was a kid. My parents weren't into it.
Though, they loved going on picnics. Since we lived only a few miles from Lake Ontario. I was always swimming and fishing. Great times for sure!

Nice rig Steve, Yes it is clean up time and test all the systems. our campground does not open for a couple weeks as they still worry about the water freezing for a bit yet. I have been going down as we just got the site next to us which is a lot larger and not next to a walking path.

we have been camping for many years also. Mona and I started while we were dating in a PUP tent and that everything you can think of.
Now we have settled for a 5th wheel that is at a seasonal site , until we find a small patch of land on the ocean to put it on .

This is the only way I want to rough it now :emoji_sunglasses: , just like to relax when I have the time. Mona spends most of the summer there.

1682769217528.jpeg

1682769240110.jpeg

David

Camping is in tents! (period end of discussion)
RV is a great thing. I have a 8-1/2' truck camper that was used many times a summer for the area truck and tractor pulls. Also in November as a camp shack for deer hunting.
Took my family to the Black Hills many years ago. I got the impression they didn't enjoy the trip.
Turns out it was a highlight for them. If I had known that detail we would have made more long distance travels.
Be it a mobile, seasonal or get away cabin it is all good times.

We have officially become snow birds. Leave Ohio in early January and return from Florida in March. We do a few other short trips in summer/ fall.

RG

Attachments

• 20220201_080629.jpg
    20220201_080629.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 20230308_085118.jpg
    20230308_085118.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 20230226_184641.jpg
    20230226_184641.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 13
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky