Camp Chef Smoker group?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Jersey Jimbo

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Oct 26, 2020
At the Shore
I see in a section that it lists different states, and different smokers. Is there a chance that our leader of this amazing forum can start one for us Camp Chef users, so we can discuss different uses for the grill and sidekicks. And accessories that go with these smokers .

Reactions: campfirestu
Not too sure it will catch on.
We already have a pellet grill forum
If we specialize on particular brands we would be overwhelmed with requests from owners of all the brands on the market.

Would be nice though,

John
I do understand what you are saying. But there are several other smoker brand in the social groups here on this forum. That's why I asked about the Camp Chef. And it appears that there are a lot of Camp Chef users here.

I own a woodwind 36 when I tried to add the jerky racks they did not fit. I call CampChef support the said I had to unbolt the upper rack brackets. I did not like that plan. So this is what I did: I cut off the top of the Jerkey side brackets, slid the brackets behind the upper rack brackets. Worked great.

Attachments

• 20210323_183918.jpg
    20210323_183918.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 32
  • 20210323_165117.jpg
    20210323_165117.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 20210323_161248.jpg
    20210323_161248.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 20210323_165300.jpg
    20210323_165300.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 32
I see in a section that it lists different states, and different smokers. Is there a chance that our leader of this amazing forum can start one for us Camp Chef users, so we can discuss different uses for the grill and sidekicks. And accessories that go with these smokers .

I am looking for a new smoker.

I've had a Green Mountain Daniel Boone for about 4 years and have been fighting to keep a constant set temperature from the start. With help from the company, nothing changed. It's a pain.

So I've been looking for another smoker. All that I've read leads me to Camp Chef' 36" WiFi'd Woodwind. And now I see the XXL. However, talking to someone at CC is impossible and they don't answer emails. Their smokers are preordered, and I don't know if they charge the card when the preorder is placed. Is CC a healthy company?

I'd sure appreciate some help in learning about CC and which smoker I should get.
Thanks

Camp Chef's customer service is nothing short of excellent. They are a relatively small operation and COVID restriction s have really hit them hard. I'm surprised about emails not being returned because that's not been most peoples experience. I'd say keep trying and in the mean time just check your spam or junk folder to see if a response possibly found its way in there.

Camp Chef's customer service is nothing short of excellent. They are a relatively small operation and COVID restriction s have really hit them hard. I'm surprised about emails not being returned because that's not been most peoples experience. I'd say keep trying and in the mean time just check your spam or junk folder to see if a response possibly found its way in there.
Thanks. Good to know they support their customers. I see you have both a DXL and an XXL. I had pretty much decided on the 36" Woodwind, but then saw the XXL. For all around use, is one better than the other? Thanks.

The grill-type units are probably better for "all-around" use, especially since you can add the jerky racks to give a lot capacity inside for smoking or drying jerky, plus you can add the Sear Box or IMPO the even better SideKick that gives you a flat top griddle and the options of adding a grillbox for grilling and searing and pizza oven as well as a 30,000BTU burner. The XXL is great and I love mine, but it is purely a smoker.

I have been working with CC for a month now. I have been very impressed with the customer service. I got my new Woodwind 36 about two weeks ago. The sidekick and gril box was back ordered but just got confirmation they will be delivered later this week. I have done 22 pounds of brisket, 32 of beef sticks on the jerky racks, 2 chickens, steaks, hamburgers,hot dogs and fish using the jerky rack. This is the best grill I ever have owned. My dad has the Daniel Boone he was envious and impressed with my CC. My nephew and brother I law are Trager users and have told me their next pellet grill will be a CC. You won't be disappointed in this grill. Get it and enjoy the versatile of what this grill and company offers.

I have been working with CC for a month now. I have been very impressed with the customer service. I got my new Woodwind 36 about two weeks ago. The sidekick and gril box was back ordered but just got confirmation they will be delivered later this week. I have done 22 pounds of brisket, 32 of beef sticks on the jerky racks, 2 chickens, steaks, hamburgers,hot dogs and fish using the jerky rack. This is the best grill I ever have owned. My dad has the Daniel Boone he was envious and impressed with my CC. My nephew and brother I law are Trager users and have told me their next pellet grill will be a CC. You won't be disappointed in this grill. Get it and enjoy the versatile of what this grill and company offers.
Thanks, Jeff. This does it for me. I'm going to order the 36" CC with the sidekick and jerky racks today. Did you have problems fitting the jerky racks?

Reactions: tx pitmaster
you will not be disappointed..... i would have liked the WW 36".. but out of my price point. as for the SG 24" which i did buy.. i'm hooked on it!

r-
Thanks. I ordered the Woodwind 36 just a couple of days ago and expect it in June. Looking forward to getting it. My current smoker is more trouble than it's worth.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky