Camp Chef pellet consumption

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

robby6pack

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 6, 2017
I just got a Camp Chef Smoke Pro SG. I fired it up and seasoned the smoker. I know that there are a bunch of factors, but does anyone have an idea on how many pounds per hour of pellets it will burn at various temps? Low Smoke, High smoke, 200/5 smoke level..... Just curious.

I just got a Camp Chef Smoke Pro SG. I fired it up and seasoned the smoker. I know that there are a bunch of factors, but does anyone have an idea on how many pounds per hour of pellets it will burn at various temps? Low Smoke, High smoke, 200/5 smoke level..... Just curious.
My DLX uses about a pound an hour give or take when I cook at 225.

I can cook for 24 hours and not burn a whole bag of pellets.
Ribs 3/2/1 uses about half a hopper or less.

the out side temp will determine how much you burn, I use a moving blanket on mine when its cold out, them fellars with $$ to burn use welding blankets, they aint nearly as thick as moving blankets , may have a fire some day but been good for about 2 years, oh and use it only for low temp smoking, no 275+ .

• Wow
Reactions: Fueling Around
As fall sets in I notice the pellet consumption goes up as the temps go down.
I've never measured the pounds per hour. Not sure the capacity of the hopper (Masterbuilt), but I doubt it would make an overnight
I use a Harbor Freight weld blanket that is folded 4 times. Should have used it on the last smoke as the air temp was OK, but the wind was brutal

From an old Pelletheads chart

Minutes Per lb consumption for Campchef. Extrapolate points in between.

200F 300F 400F
90 53 38

Reactions: Fueling Around
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky