Calabrian Soppressata

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Calbrian has reached 37% weight loss as of tonight so I pulled one and sliced into it...
IMG_20230312_225906.jpg

IMG_20230312_225934.jpg

Wow! Flavor is exceptional. Will let it dry for a couple more days, then the texture will be spot on. I have heart burn pretty good tonight, but had to sample a couple of slices. I think I nailed this one. The depth of flavor right out of the cabinet is mind blowing!!!

Checked it tonight... has reached 39.5% weight loss so I sampled some slices. Texture is perfect now and the flavor has intensified. Gonna rain tomorrow so I'll peel the casing, cut into chunks and vac seal. I think finocchiona will be next....

Reactions: dls1
It looks fantastic . I'd be all over that too . I can almost smell it .
I have a pork loin in a Umai bag getting close . Need to take a weight .

Reactions: indaswamp
Might be my all time favorite....
We have a great Italian section of St. Louis . A lot of them started selling products in the stores . Just had some that I used on a pizza . I know ,, seems like a waste , but it's so good heated up and greasy . Lol .

Oh, I have no doubt it was good.....just that the heat kills all the subtle flavors the dry curing process brings. That is why pizza pepperoni is fast fermented and semi dry....no flavor development.

Reactions: chopsaw
Checked it tonight... has reached 39.5% weight loss so I sampled some slices. Texture is perfect now and the flavor has intensified. Gonna rain tomorrow so I'll peel the casing, cut into chunks and vac seal. I think finocchiona will be next....
The sopressata looks great and it sounds like you nailed it perfectly. Nice job. Have you ever tried sopressa?

Looking forward to your efforts with finocchiona. When it comes to Italian charcuterie, that's one of my top favorites.

The sopressata looks great and it sounds like you nailed it perfectly. Nice job. Have you ever tried sopressa?

Looking forward to your efforts with finocchiona. When it comes to Italian charcuterie, that's one of my top favorites.

I have (50) 3" segments vacsealed....
IMG_20230317_153421.jpg

that should last a while!

Reactions: BGKYSmoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky