Cajun Injector El. Smoker problems

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shawninthestick

Original poster
Jan 9, 2014
North East Missouri
Hello all ,this is my 1st post .I got a Cajun Injector Electric smoker for Christmas and this forum has been a great help. I''ve ran into a problem with my smoker. As soon as I plugged it in the temp displayed read 237 degrees (it is about 50 degrees outside today). I set the smoker temp for 245, and it quickly reached the preset temp (the digital display thinks ) and the element kicked off. I used a 2nd thermometer and it was only around 80 degrees inside. I unplugged it and started over ,but it is doing the same thing. Any advise would be greatly appreciated . Thanks ,Shawn.

Contact the company or the retailer. I had issues with mine last year. Cajun Injector use to be a sponsor on here. Maybe someone who knows more will help you.

I have had my Cajun injector smoker a little over a year. My programming dials run across the front instead of the pop up towards the back. After a couple of months it seemed like my programmer wasn't working properly and they sent me a new one. After the second call they sent me a another smoker minus the door and racks. I transferred the the door from my old smoker and and it has worked ever since. Customer service is a real bummer, They must get them in from China and don't think they have ever used one. Or at least I could not get any knowledge from them.But I must say they ship me new parts very fast at no charge and no freight which I really appreciated. One more thing, continue to feed woodchips in for smoke is a real pain. I just purchased the a–maze–n smoker and used it for the first time.  Love it. Check it out amazenproducts.com I also purchased four extra bags of dust. Lots of luck, Larry

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky