• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

C.I. Fire Box door for masonry

frankv

Joined Jul 8, 2016
I've seen pix of various masonry firebox's under construction, but darned if I can find them when I;m looking for them.

I'm thinking of modifying my offset masonry firebox to install a side wall C. I. access door and replace the hinge-up flat steel access door currently on top of the box with masonry slab of refractory cement.  The interior dimensions of the fire box is 16" by 16" by 20" high.

The hinge-up steel plate door works well to allow for a charcoal basket to be dropped in, but it is nearly impossible to seal.

Anyone have a suggestion as to what size door to install where to buy it?  The bottom of the door will be very close to grade and will have to act as access for both building the fire and ash clean out.   

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.