Buying & Cooking On My First Offset Smoker - Advice Needed

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Daba's BBQ

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 24, 2021
Metro NYC
7/8/22

Good morning.

I own a Weber Kettle and a Traeger Pro Series 34. Now I am going to venture into cooking on an offset smoker. I am planning on buying one over the next few days and having never cooked on a stick burner before, I need some advice on both what to look for when I buy one and how best to learn/begin cooking on one?

Any advice, suggestions, feedback, etc., would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Peace.

You have a few choices, but if you intend to spend less than $1000, you will probably not get 1/4” steel. The thicker steel will hold steady temps easier. A cheap offset is hard too control temps with, but if you learn on one, you will really appreciate the difference, especially if you upgrade to a better unit later on. Good luck & I’m sure you will get a lot of advice!
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky