Buying a chain saw

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Any one of these lightweight Titan 60 series should do the trick, take your pick.
The 360 degree swivel is a great feature, not to mention the controls being grouped -" for easy, quick one-hand operation" LMFAO!!:emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing:

1643922894947.png

• Haha
Reactions: crazymoon
I had the same desires of buying a electric chainsaw. I did tons of studying, reading articles and comparing all different models.

Ending up getting the MS271 gas and never looked back.

If you can afford it buy the professional model and get the MS261.

I wish they would have had Battery powered Chainsaws when I was making My Bears. They might not have the balls to cut 36" diameter logs into 8' lengths, but a little battery powered saw would have been nice, when I had to make a couple thousand little stroke cuts when putting the Hair on The Bears:

Bear

DSC00033copy.jpg

I have used a gas chain saw for years and had a few close calls with the tip biting into wood and getting close to my leg. Gas saws have a safety kick back clutch that stops the blade when it engages and some saws have a cover over the tip of the saw to keep you from using the tip. I decided to buy some safety chain saw chap leg protectors and was reading about usage and recommendations, it said electric chain saws have more torque then gas and the chaps might not stop the blade. If you go with the electric saw be careful.

I have used a gas chain saw for years and had a few close calls with the tip biting into wood and getting close to my leg. Gas saws have a safety kick back clutch that stops the blade when it engages and some saws have a cover over the tip of the saw to keep you from using the tip. I decided to buy some safety chain saw chap leg protectors and was reading about usage and recommendations, it said electric chain saws have more torque then gas and the chaps might not stop the blade. If you go with the electric saw be careful.
The gears on an electric saw on located internally on the clutch. The fibers from the chaps need to bind up the gears to stop the saw so chaps don't work with electric saws very well.

I always prefer Stihl. My preference would be this:
  1. Stihl
  2. Echo
  3. Dewalt
Moreover, you also have to look for what purpose do you need the chainsaw. For small sized jobs, electric chainsaw would serve the best

I never pulled the trigger on an electric chain saw. I thought they were just too high priced. Now the Echo, that was the Youtubers number one saw, is $100 higher at $450 at Amazon. Inflation is upon us.

And the need for a battery powered electric saw has not come up. So maybe I'm better off. Sure wish I'd had one for that ice storm, however.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky