Burnt Ends?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JBCWCHS06

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 30, 2022
Had a friend order corned beef from Walmart and they gave them a Brisket Flat and they were wondering if I could do Burnt Ends for a Super Bowl Party this Sunday. 2 questions. Could I use a Flat to do Burnt Ends? And does anyone have a good Burnt Ends recipe. Also going to attempt some smoked wings as well so any tips on that would be helpful too

Reactions: JLeonard
Had a friend order corned beef from Walmart and they gave them a Brisket Flat and they were wondering if I could do Burnt Ends for a Super Bowl Party this Sunday. 2 questions. Could I use a Flat to do Burnt Ends? And does anyone have a good Burnt Ends recipe. Also going to attempt some smoked wings as well so any tips on that would be helpful too
I would not recommend that. Just not enough fat to make a good BE. My .02

Reactions: Marknmd
It's not the ideal cut for burnt ends, but it can be done. If it were me. I'd throw it on the smoker whole until it reached the stall. Then cube it up and braise it in beef broth until tender. Drain the liquid and add your glazing sauce and completely coat the cubes. Remove the cubes and place on the smoker great until the glaze sets. I'd also cube the flat into smaller chunks.

Chris

Reactions: JLeonard and TNJAKE
If you have a sous vide you could do it for enough hours to get it tender, cube it, toss in your sauce mix and put that in smoker for the finish.

Don't have a sous vide but might try the method gmc2003 suggested or just cook it while. Will definitely keep the thread updated with what I decided to do.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky