Burn Barrel for "True" Wood Smoking!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I learn something here every day.  What a great group of BBQ Enthusiasts.  Sure glad I stumbled upon this Forum
icon14.gif

Here's a quick question.  Does Hickory grow in California?

This looks like a great idea! I have been buying some lump coal as well as chipping my own maple, oak and apple. Since my in laws have a nice and full 130 acres to pull from, I will definitely give it a go. I'm sure you mentioned it, but do you start your logs that far up of the base? In my experience, that far off the fire box is hard to get to light. Love the design dude!!

This is awesome!! I am sitting here "riding the temperature roller coaster" right now. I've smoked with charcoal several times before but this is my first time with an all wood fire. I had the "thin blue smoke" for about 30 minutes before the bottom just fell out. Getting it back up to temp now with a thick stream of whit smoke. How much will this affect the flavor?? I'm smoking 4 pork butts.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky