Burgers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JayBod

Original poster
Jan 25, 2020
Hi everyone. New to the crew and just using a smoker tube with my Weber grill to experiment. Have cold smoked cheese turned out great.
My main question is can I make fresh burgers, cold smoke them and then freeze them for the summer? I live in Canada and it is about -10 celsius so temp wise I should be fine.
Has anyone else done this with success?

Reactions: kruizer
As long as your meat temp does not get over 40° F /5° C it would be no different than beeing in your refrigerator. I do cold smokes like that over night on Chuck roasts to put in the crock pot the next day. I have never froze them after though so I'm not real sure on that part. There are a lot of people here that know a lot more about food safety than me though. Maybe someone else will chime in.

As long as your meat temp does not get over 40° F /5° C it would be no different than beeing in your refrigerator. I do cold smokes like that over night on Chuck roasts to put in the crock pot the next day. I have never froze them after though so I'm not real sure on that part. There are a lot of people here that know a lot more about food safety than me though. Maybe someone else will chime in.
Thanks for the advise though just want to do this in the winter so I'm ready for quick meals camping

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky