Burgers and Brats

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
A beer pole... something I didn't know I needed until right now.

Wait a minute doesn't everybody have a beer pole? :emoji_wink::emoji_laughing: Mines even got electricity so I can connect my mini-fridge to it need be.

Chris

• Haha
Reactions: Gonna Smoke
Appreciate that HT. The Vortex is a means of producing extremely high heat in your kettle. You can use it wide side up(like I did for this thread) for searing steaks or multiple smaller pieces of meat. You can use it narrow side up for even higher heat for doing chick parts or mimicking an air fryer. It can be placed on the charcoal grate wide side up for a shield when doing beer can chicken or pork butts.

Narrow side up Chicken wings:

View attachment 499554

Chicken parmesan narrow side up:

View attachment 499555

Just be careful. If your kettle doesn't have the clamshell the handle will get really hot. I have to use a glove to lift my lid.

Thanks Norman and for the like. I couldn't agree more.

Chris
I am going to get me one for my Weber. Looks like another tool for the arsenal that works.

HT

Late to the party tho that's a fine piece of work Chris, Like! I keep finding more and more uses for the Vortex, about the most useful tool in the box. RAY

Looks Great, nice job. Sometimes simple is just what the menu needs.

Thanks flip, I totally agree with keeping it simple - especially in the heat.

Late to the party tho that's a fine piece of work Chris, Like! I keep finding more and more uses for the Vortex, about the most useful tool in the box. RAY

I know what you mean Ray. The Vortex is like a permanent part of the 22 while the SnS is a permanent part of the 26". Appreciate the like and kindly words also

Chris

Aint nothing wrong with a brat and burger when its miserably hot/humid and you dont want to heat up the house. Yours look darn good. And the kettle and vortex are a win every time.
Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky