• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Building a reverse flow out of a 60 gallon air tank

onetonduallie

Fire Starter
Joined Feb 17, 2013
Hey every body. I have taken in a lot of great ideas from folks around this forum. I thank you all very much! I am in michigan and it is cold and snowy right now so i am going to start my build. I would love comments, pointers and new ideas.  I will be posting pictures along the way but give me time. This build will take about a month.

alaska

Meat Mopper
Joined Sep 2, 2013
Hello there and welcome to the forum. Im building an 80gal from a compressor tank. Are you going to have this on a trailer? 

Jerome

onetonduallie

Fire Starter
Joined Feb 17, 2013
No I dont think im going to. I have two other smokers that i use for traveling. I think i will just use some pneumatic tires and make it a roller.

onetonduallie

Fire Starter
Joined Feb 17, 2013
Well I dropped the tank off to the sand blaster today. There was to much surface rust on the inside to start fabrication. So hopefully I will have that back tomorrow and I will start laying out where every thing is going to go. Do you guys suggest using rope seal on the fb door and on the cc door? I think I will be able to pick up my steel for the fb tomorrow. Should i 1/4inch or 3/8?

qwikrnu bbq

Fire Starter
Joined Dec 13, 2013
Since the air tanks are so thin, I would stick with 1/4" and Double plate the top. That should be plenty good...

onetonduallie

Fire Starter
Joined Feb 17, 2013
Trying to get a good location for where the FB meets the CC but it proving to be a pain. I might bring it to shop and use my torch instead of the cut off wheel.

dockman

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jun 14, 2013

I had tank sitting on a flat level surface. Then I used a piece of 8" wide plate blocked up to the height I needed marked and moved plate around cone making as I went. Hope this helps!

onetonduallie

Fire Starter
Joined Feb 17, 2013
Thanks alot guys. Very helphul. I will take a look at it when i get home from work. I will keep you updated!

onetonduallie

Fire Starter
Joined Feb 17, 2013
Good time for my grinder to stop working!! Almost had the feet cut off....oh well back at it tomorrow.

onetonduallie

Fire Starter
Joined Feb 17, 2013
The old clarke i had Iasted a good 12 years. My brother in-law dropped of his Milwaukee so i can cut some more tonight!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.