• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Building a new smoker

big roy

Joined Oct 21, 2013
Needing help , I have built 3 smoker with the fire box on the end of the tank . Will it work to put the fire box under my Cook Chamber?

kc5tpy

Master of the Pit
Joined May 12, 2013
Hello Big Roy.  Without drawings or pictures; basic answer to basic question is SURE it will work.  There are several versions of that type smoker.  For the life of me I can't recall what they are called at the moment.  Tuff gettin old!  Without specific drawings I would say think about a heat dissipation plate above the intake from the firebox and maybe a stack on each end to insure proper heat distribution.  Just some ideas.  Good luck.  Post pics.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

big roy

Joined Oct 21, 2013
Thank you for your input I will post some pictures as I get going . Thank you

kc5tpy

Master of the Pit
Joined May 12, 2013
Hello Big Roy.  I have contacted another member who is really good with these builds and asked him to take a look.  If you could post a drawing or anything to give us an idea of your plan we could probably offer better advise.  Sorry I couldn't help further.  Good luck.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.