Building a new smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

big roy

Original poster
Oct 21, 2013
Florida
Needing help , I have built 3 smoker with the fire box on the end of the tank . Will it work to put the fire box under my Cook Chamber?

Hello Big Roy.  Without drawings or pictures; basic answer to basic question is SURE it will work.  There are several versions of that type smoker.  For the life of me I can't recall what they are called at the moment.  Tuff gettin old!  Without specific drawings I would say think about a heat dissipation plate above the intake from the firebox and maybe a stack on each end to insure proper heat distribution.  Just some ideas.  Good luck.  Post pics.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

Thank you for your input I will post some pictures as I get going . Thank you

Hello Big Roy.  I have contacted another member who is really good with these builds and asked him to take a look.  If you could post a drawing or anything to give us an idea of your plan we could probably offer better advise.  Sorry I couldn't help further.  Good luck.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky