Buffalo Chex Mix.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Easy to make. I made in oven but you could put this in your smoker or pellet grill.
Use whatever added items you like.

3 c. rice chex
3 c. wheat Chex
1.5 c. mini pretzels
1.5 c. cheese crackers (Cheez-Its and/or goldfish)
1 c. oyster crackers (opt)
1 c. peanuts (roasted, unsalted)
1/2 c. (1 stick) butter
1/2 c. Wings-N-Things buffalo sauce or your fav.
1 t. garlic powder
1 t. onion powder
3/4 t. salt

Preheat oven to 250°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set baking sheets aside. In a large bowl, mix Chex cereal, pretzels, crackers and peanuts. In a small bowl, heat butter in the microwave for 30 seconds or until melted. Add Wings-N-Things buffalo sauce, garlic powder, onion powder and salt. Stir to combine. Pour butter/buffalo sauce mixture over the dry ingredients and toss immediately. Continue tossing until sauce is spread evenly over other dry ingredients.

Spread out the Chex mixture into a single layer on the lined baking sheets. Bake at 250°F for 45 minutes, tossing every 15 minutes. When mixture is golden brown and slightly crispy, remove the pan from the oven. Let cool completely before serving.

**Add 2 T. brown sugar to butter sauce for a sweet & spicy twist on this snack mix!

20221105_190636.jpg

20221105_190640.jpg

Daughter has Army stuff in NC for a week, she took most of the mix with her.
20221105_202224.jpg

Looks good. I add some worcestershire sauce, and bagel chips in mine. I also put all the dry ingredients in a paper bag and slowly add the liquids while gently shaking the bag.

Chris

Reactions: chopsaw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky