Buckboard Bacon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

boomer01

Original poster
Feb 6, 2009
Lincoln, NE
Well after seeing some of the posts about buckboard bacon I finally got around to trying it out. I picked up some of the Hi-Mountain cure and picked up some boston butt on sales for $0.99 at a local store here. The hardest part about this entire project was waiting 10 days while it cured. I think after I'm done using all of the Hi-Mountain cure I'll try my own using TenderQuick, I've seen a few of you post using that, and the results look good.

So anyhow, I smoked this on Saturday following the Hi-mountain directions to a tee. I let it set overnight in the fridge, that was also very hard to do, as I wanted to slice it up and try it out! Sorry but I didn't get any pictures during the smoking process. I also picked up a new toy yesterday, a meat slicer from Cabela's. That thing is awesome, it'll also be very helpful when making jerky.

I ate my first helping of the bacon tonight, it was very good!! I think it could use just a touch more smoke, so next time around I may start the smoker a little earlier. Here's a few pictures of the final product!

You people are gonna make me fat...too much stuff I still want to try!

Perfect looking Buckboard!

Good looking bacon and a nice slicer too.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky