Bubba grills

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I've had one for around 5 years now. One thing about them is that the fire box hangs low to the ground. I raised mine 6 " actually started a fire under it from the heat one time for a golf tournament.here in Florida with the salt air I fight rust year round. But I still like it. Very even temps across the smoker

Last edited:
Thanks for letting me know, I did notice that the fire box did look low to the ground and was wondering about that I will ask about getting it raised. Is it easy to maintain the temp and how often do you have to add wood to keep the temp. And yeah I'm sorry about the rust issue I know your pain, I will be living in MO so no water there lol.. But I am originally from eastern NC and grew up on the outer banks so love the ocean! 

I probably add wood every1-2 hours. Pecan burns faster. Hickory lasts a little longer. It really depends on the wood. I'm running 2 blowers in the fire box controlled by a Digi Q when I do pork or briskets so it burns it down to nothing. All I did to raise mine was cut some 6" square tube and welded  to the frame and then mounted the shackles back on right here I cut them off. If the wind isn't blowing hard I've never had a hard time maintaining temps. The blowers definitely help on the long cooks. Also you'll need to build a grate for the fire box to let the ash fall thru unless Lonnie is putting those in with it now. Feel free to ask if you have anymore ???

Thank you for your service! I'm retired Air Force.

I like the idea of running the blowers, you will have to send me a pic of how you set it up, I will probably get a digiQ down the road at some point bc i can't drop money like that, we both know military income is not the greatest in the world, i had to save up for a while to get a bubba grill. And I got another 14 years before i can collect a retirement check, lucky, lol. But thank you for your service! When I retire Ima use that extra money to BBQ every day! And I don't know if if lonnie puts grates in them or not I will have to ask but if not can you send me a pic of how you set that up as well! 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky