brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Up to you. I seperate when smoking a big brisket in my drum so 1. It will fit. 2. I don't have to seperate when it is piping hot. 3. I can pull the flat, wrap and rest while I leave the point in the smoker. Then i can go get the point at my leisure to do ends.

Currently I have a full packer in my Char-Griller for a comp. My char griller can handle the side and i don't want to upset the fat layer for my overnight smoke..

Up to you. I seperate when smoking a big brisket in my drum so 1. It will fit. 2. I don't have to seperate when it is piping hot. 3. I can pull the flat, wrap and rest while I leave the point in the smoker. Then i can go get the point at my leisure to do ends.

Currently I have a full packer in my Char-Griller for a comp. My char griller can handle the side and i don't want to upset the fat layer for my overnight smoke..
hosstd,

Take your pick, but  you might want to listen to Pit 4 Brains. Don't be fooled by his avatar with his head in the barrel.

Bearcarver

thank u guys that makes  cents cause the the flat will have fat on it unlike when u buy the flat alone ,why i see it

I cut my own flats for this smoke and I couldn't be happier.Not sure what the flats weight was but I trim almost all the fat off mine as well. I know alot of guys say thats the flavor but to me it seems as if I got flavor thru and thru this time. I like paying the packer price and getting the ease of a flat without paying 2.00 dollars a pound extra.

This was my best looking flat out of this smoke.

1d78c817_100_5819crop.jpg

I like paying the packer price and getting the ease of a flat
 Yup! If you pay for the trimming, you are giving them the point back and still paying for it. The point is the best part anyway.. I serve the brisky to the guests and eat the point , burnt end-style..

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky